Good Shepherd Community UM Church

Good Shepherd Church – making your community our community for over 100 years.
We have been serving the Carlisle area from the corner of Ritner Highway and McCallister Church Road for many generations. In fact, great-grandpap may have even gone to school at the McCallister One Room Schoolhouse that stood on our property for many years.
We are a mix of rural and suburban; traditional and contemporary; old and young, but we have one thing in common… sharing the love and peace of God with the communities we serve.

2135 Ritner Hwy
Carlisle, PA 17015
(717) 249-6879

Project S.H.A.R.E.

Project S.H.A.R.E., formed in January 1985, is an interfaith, non-profit cooperative effort created to meet the needs of the hungry by providing supplementary food on a monthly basis.  Assistance is provided to the communities of Carlisle, Carlisle Springs, Mt. Holly Springs, Boiling Springs, Gardners, Plainfield and Middlesex, New Kingston, Pennsylvania.

5 North Orange Street, Suite 4
Carlisle, PA 17013
717.249.7773

Carlisle Chamber of Commerce

Carlisle Chamber of Commerce Vision:  Our Vision is to be the recognized leader in fostering business development in the Central Cumberland County area.

Carlisle Chamber of Commerce Mission:  To be a catalyst that will actively promote and support responsible economic growth in the Carlisle region, while continuing to provide enhanced benefits for our membership and a vibrant quality of life for our community.

212 N. Hanover St.
Carlisle, PA 17013
717-243-4515

Domestic Violence Services

DVS/CP seeks to provide services and support to those who are experiencing domestic violence and to foster, as resources allow, social and systems change through education and advocacy.

DVS/CP is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in May 1990 and has provided 24 hour a day unduplicated services to the communities of Cumberland and Perry counties since 12:01 midnight on July 28, 1990.

First Presbyterian Church of Carlisle

Our heritage goes back to 1734, when a large settlement of sturdy, God-fearing Scots-Irish from Lancaster County established a Presbyterian Church at Meeting House Springs, located on the Conodoguinet Creek about two miles west of the Carlisle Public Square.

The first minister was installed there in 1739 and preached from a crude pulpit in a one-room log church. Eventually, Meeting House Springs proved to be too far removed from the new county seat of Carlisle, established in 1751, so the congregation moved to town in 1757 and subsequently built the edifice in which we worship today. Behind the old stone walls at Meeting House Springs endures what is left of our earliest heritage, an old church graveyard with stones that date back to 1744 – the oldest anywhere in Cumberland Valley.

Please continue your visit to our website and our church.

2A North Hanover Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 243-4612

Penn State’s Dickinson Law

Penn State’s Dickinson Law

Dickinson LawFounded in 1834, The Dickinson School of Law is the oldest law school in Pennsylvania and the fifth oldest in the country. Over the years, our graduates have included the nation’s finest attorneys, judges, government and corporate leaders, and legal educators. Our 1997 merger with Penn State expanded our reputation, network, and joint degree programs—complementing Dickinson Law’s legacy as an innovative leader in experiential education.