The Union Fire Company No.1 was organized to provide fire protection for the citizens of Carlisle in 1789, the same year George Washington became President of the United States. Today, more than 215 years later, the Union continues to provide service to the area. In honor of all the men and women who have faithfully served the company, a portion of our old fire station has been dedicated to preserving their history. The original Meeting Room and Engine Room have been maintained in near original condition and contain a large portion of our proud history.
The Engine Room houses a 1929 American LaFrance engine along with other equipment and artifacts from our past. The Meeting Room is filled with many items – some of which date back to our origin – which any firefighting buff will find extremely interesting. A few of those items are shown on our museum page.
35 W Louther St
Carlisle, PA 17013